Thursday 7 April 2011

CUPID'S CHOKEHOLD

Dear John,
 
I'm in bed thinking...what happens when I meet you ten years from now? How will I handle that belly flip I know is inevitable? We're keeping apart because it seems best for the situation; best for your relationship! Best for my heart! However, I wonder what will happen when we run into each other ten years from now.  When Carrie saw Big after break-up number two, the end result was the ruin of a perfect relationship with Aidan. What will happen when we meet in the future with all these unresolved feelings?
 
I told you I loved you, you didn't say it back. I said let's be friends, you leaned in to kiss me. I'm done with turning my lips away when all I want is to feel your lips on mine. I'm done with telling you not say those things, when those are the exact words I want to hear.
 
And so we decide apart is better...or at least you respected that. But then you send a text, "I really miss you!"
 
"Well…I really miss you! Fuck! There… I said it", the sound of Big’s voice over the telephone and with those few words everything that (maybe) wasn’t meant to be spiralled down-hill. So I ask, "What did you say?"
Before you repeat those words, think, because I will, like Carrie, act on them.
Sex and the City, Season 3 Episode 38: The BIG Time

No comments:

Post a Comment